RedHawks News · What Do I Need to Do to Be Able to Participate?

There are 4 basic things a student-athlete must have to be eligible to participate when the official season begins:

  • Turn in a completed physical examination: this is required every two years for all students grades 7 through 12 prior to participating in co-curricular sports. The Oregon State Board of Education mandates the use of a specific physical form that the OSAA provides. You can find them at SAHS or right here: doc11107320190424102304 and doc11107220190424102252
  • Read and sign South Albany Athletic Participation Waiver (by both student and parent). They must be turned in prior to the beginning of the official season.
  • Our district has a pay to play fee. This is the scale:
    • $150 per sport
    • $300 maximum per individual for the school year
    • $450 maximum per family for the school year
    • Applications for deferred payment are in the main office (will not be available for the fall until August 1)
    • Fee or application for deferred payment must be submitted to main office before first official competition date of the season
  • Be academically eligible:
    • A student-athlete is required to have earned 2.5 credits the semester before competition (excluding incoming freshman)
    • A student-athlete must be passing a minimum of 5 classes during competition as well
    • A student-athlete must also be on track to graduate